I'm so tired of the Android vs iPhone fanboy talk.

I'm so tired of the Android vs iPhone fanboy talk.  It reminds me of all the Linux vs Windows arguments a few years ago.  If you have an iPhone + Dr Dre Beats/Monster Earphones, you should not even be allowed to post on the subject.  Your choice of product clearly disqualifies your ability to pick a product on the basis of performance, features or even the most basic comparitive reviews.  

You have chosen to buy an inferior performing product and the only argument(s) you can honestly make is that a) you prefer it subjectively or b) you enjoy the apple integration with products you already own.   You have chosen to buy a product with a selection of features that are executed very well, but that either prevents you from certain others, or is totally incapable of doing them due to hardware constraints.

So, argue away about your iDevice and what it does for you, but please, as soon as you make a technical argument in favour of your device, without taking cognisance of the many things the average android device can do  that your gadget can't, you've lost me.

Take a look at the following video demonstration of an app I use regularly to do file transfers.  No rooting or jailbreak required.
   
SuperBeam (WiFi + NFC) - Android

To the people who tell me to "upgrade" to an iPhone, show me how you easily share files between devices at high speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00NOodawiiE

Comments

You're cheating.... iPhone has no NFC ;-)  For PC to phone I'm using Software Data Cable for WiFi transfers...
Ian Stoffberg said…
Danie van der Merwe also, you're not allowed to freely transfer files between devices.  Bear in mind that this app doesn't need NFC.  It could do the same transfer to devices without NFC.  It just needs to support wifi-direct.   By the way, the app was not specific to my little mini-rant.  I just picked something that's easy to do and useful on my android and damn near impossible on IOS currently.  I could have shown other videos like PS3 controller usage, MultiWindow, etc
Yes that free transfer is a real pain and my daughter has it on her iPad (but I did tell her about that before she decided so now she must live with it).
Ian Stoffberg said…
Neale Stoffberg for the price you could get far superior audio from Sennheiser, B&W, Grado, Shure, etc.  In my opinion, buy a brand that's more about audio than the marketing tie-in's with Lady Gaga or Bieber.

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.