With my mocking friends, its a brave thing to admit I'm listening to Bjork this fine Saturday morning.

With my mocking friends, its a brave thing to admit I'm listening to Bjork this fine Saturday morning.  

I'm guessing the ED crowd tends towards people my age, so I am taking a chance to expose myself to some ridicule!

Wife's birthday so I am using headphones instead of blaring it out...

Starting with:
Joga (sweeping and epic)
Venus as a boy (my intro to bjork, dropped hard earned cash on that song, loved the album)
Possibly Maybe (second album, song that slipped under my skin and won't leave)
Play Dead ( such a sweeping James Bond soundtrack style arrangement, and the lyrics...)
and then tempted to move onto other female artists  and lead singers. Tracy Thorne,  Morcheeba, Dido, Swing Out Sister, Eva Cassidy, Norah Jones...  

Eyeing Modjo / Moloko / Opus III / Madison Avenue singles if I need to inject some bpm...

Taking it slow..  Hope some of those names trigger some fond memories for some.  To be fair, I was probably listening to these during the Frontier / FFE years instead of the original Elite...
#bjork   #nostalgia

Comments

Paul Anderson said…
Black Stone Cherry for me...
Martin Chalk said…
Nothing wrong with a bit of Björk. I listened to a fair bit in the early 90's when she left the Sugarcubes.
She's not someone I could listen to all the time, but there are times when I'm in the mood for her particular sound.
Possibly maybe is a great song off a brilliant & possibly maybe her best album. Another favourite is "I Miss You" (Dobie Rub Part One – Sunshine Mix) featuring Rodney P.
Some great music was around in the 90s.....
Michael Birke said…
I don't have a particular musical style I like, I was heavily influenced by friends who felt obliged to convince me with a barrage of their favorite music.

After the initial shock of hearing Tarja nearly screaming I fell quite in love with the early Nightwish and have quite a heavy and not so heavy Metal collection. ;)
Martin Chalk said…
Michael Birke , "Nemo" pulled me into the female fronted symphonic metal genre with a jolt. Nightwish, Leaves Eyes, Within Temptation, Sirenia, Nemesea, Epica... just a few.
Michael Birke said…
Martin Chalk my first contact with Nightwish was Over the Hills and Far Away and She is my Sin, and I really had to get used at it at first. :)
Ian Norton said…
Hah. Iron maiden, Wagner and Metallica on my list :)
Ian Stoffberg said…
Looks like I need to google some of these unfamiliar names...
My first Nightwish exposure was around 2004 when I watched an Orbiter demo video and Everdream was the soundtrack

https://youtu.be/MJOuHncxFgw
Dennis Wronka said…
Since I don't want you to be disappointed that nobody mocks you for your listening habits:
How can you listen to Björk? Isn't that like listening to your genitals going through a paper shredder?

No but serious, she's made quite a few good things. In general her music isn't really my thing, but there definitely are a few songs that I like. But apparently not enough to remember their titles.
James Dominguez said…
If you complain once more...
James Dominguez said…
Incidentally, if you like all those female artists, you should check out Ainslie Wills. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ke92kp7vIY

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.