Keeping things interesting. I decided to max out a Sidewinder and head out to a High Intensity Res to see if I...

Keeping things interesting.   I decided to max out a Sidewinder and head out to a High Intensity Res to see if I could get the bounty on an Anaconda by shooting him at the last minute.

I ended up doing it twice making a total of 480k in Bounties.  It was very hair raising though.  For the first one there was a couple of Security ships to help and so I tagged it at about 10%.  Fortunately I got very little attention from the 'conda and he died without taking down my shields all the way.

The second one was a totally different story.  An ASP and 2 Imperial Eagles were bravely taking him on and eventually managed to knock his shields down.  I waited until the 'conda was down to 10% before taking my shot.  I really should have waited.  Seconds later, the ASP bit the dust and when I looked again there was only the one Imperial Eagle left besides myself.  Each time the 'conda got a shot at me it slaughtered my measly shields.  It took me down and was doing hull damage as I furiously boosted away.  I managed to lure him to some more Security ships, but by then I was down to 20% hull and no shields. 

I didn't want to lose the bounty, but I know there was no way I could do any damage.  I'm not sure what types of ships I had run into but I saw the Annie taking damage down to 2%.  I turned to face and get some shots in, but they had no effect  Fortunately, my shields were regenerating fairly quickly and came into effect just before I took another salvo.  He was down to 1% and I went kamikaze on him.  I was expecting to die as but he must have been hit with a projectile as the ship screamed life support warnings and cockpit damage warnings.  I could barely see out the screen when there was a huge flash and 241k cr was handed over as bounty. 

I got the hell out of dodge and boosted out of that RES as fast as I could.  When I docked, I was down to 5% Hull, but with 2 Anaconda notches on the side of my Sidey ;)

Sorry for the long post.   I've had a long layoff from the game.  I nearly quit after PowerPlay and only now have started to enjoy it again...

Comments

Andy Lewis said…
Wicked story, it's great how doing something different can really bring the game to life again :)
Signal Five said…
Way to go Commander!
f1lupo said…
that's the spirit Commander!

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.