Baby steps.

Baby steps.

Managed to get Elite working on my PSVR headset connected to PC in VR Mode with full head tracking lookaround goodness. Have not yet attempted walk around room type stuff as I don't have space.

Only software required is TrinusPSVR. Screen resolution seems a bit low. Blocky fonts, etc, but I haven't yet optimised anything. My controls need reconfiguring as I lost my configs so flying around has been a bit dodgy as I limit myself to the training missions for now.

Just want to confirm it works, looks amazing, feels amazing, but needs some graphical fixes. I hope that I can get it looking better if I keep playing with either ED or SteamVR settings. Anybody else doing this sort of thing?

Comments

Ian Stoffberg said…
So I didn't notice it before, but Elite's built in graphics configuration settings do a decent job in fixing problems. I increased supersampling to 1.25 which helped with text readability and I'm guessing more play is needed as I managed to get really bad frame rates by messing around with detail settings. Need to watch some more youtubes! Besides the graphics, it is absolutely essential to map a key to reset the HMD orientation in the controls settings menu (probably under miscellaneous).

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.