So continuing my theme of Live posts for March 2017, I wanted something from the Devotional Tour 1993.

So continuing my theme of Live posts for March 2017, I wanted something from the Devotional Tour 1993. Main reason would have to be that its the only concert tour that they brought to Cape Town. I saw them both nights (I had to). I absolutely was blown away. Second reason would be remembering my surprise that Alan played drums and Martin played guitar. Alan is particularly good on this tour and ultimately he left after. I am extremely grateful I got to see him play live.

Final reason was Dave was going through his California Rock God phase and I imagine the drugs were crazy on that tour. You cannot fault their performance though. If you compare the performance to the Satellite one of 11 years prior, they're a much more polished and accomplished band in all areas.

This track in general is fairly widely remixed compared to some of the others.

The Live version is probably my fave.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgTl4wLlMGI

The spirtitual guidance remix is particularly epic,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt6pmBUjXPo

but I also like the Kaiser Sozey remix from the now defuct www.dmremix.be Kaiser can still be found on SoundCloud, so all is not lost.
#depechemode #alanwilder

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.