I can't recommend this highly enough.

I can't recommend this highly enough.

Ark is a game that on paper shouldn't be interesting to me. Open world survival, with crafting, tameable creatures and building. Yech. Yet Ark delivers an experience that is so tailor made to your personality. The types of adventures you encounter are not story driven. It just emerges as you set short term goals and constantly get distracted into new adventures.

The stories write themselves and the anecdotes that arise are so good.

For Elite Dangerous players, imagine you landed on a prehistoric world rich with flora/fauna, both friendly and hostile. Imagine walking away from your ship, having crashed. Imagine walking away to grab a drink of water from a nearby stream and hearing your ship explode behind you.

Now what? Ark begins...

I have only played the base game and have no idea how much better/worse the DLC is. Its's on sale on Steam at the moment at a ridiculous discount. 67% off where I live.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/

Comments

Thanks Ian, if anyone picks this up they are welcome to join our private server. No ganking, just GGG fun!
Steve Gledhill said…
Thanks Ian Stoffberg, just bought it.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Shout if you need help.
Cool, I'll add Steve Gledhill​ to the relevant Ark chats where we can get him into our private server.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Good Guys Gaming highly recommend our server. tired of 12 year olds insulting my momma and torturing my dinos.
Ian Stoffberg yep, that's why we spun it up :)
Feel free to share our GGGs ARK Guide with links tips and more

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.