Pulling into Conway City at Ltt 4961 after 6 weeks since getting back to Elite and its a welcome home feeling.

Pulling into Conway City at Ltt 4961 after 6 weeks since getting back to Elite and its a welcome home feeling. I had stopped playing Elite seriously between the introduction of Engineers, Guardians, etc. I felt being forced to mine/drive srv/scan wakes etc was rubbing me the wrong way and I walked away. With the Greg's Legacy CG looming, I reinstalled and the day of the CG, without spectacles, squinting at the monitor, I started playing. From 13 July to 26 July I think my focus has been on meeting short term goals, starting with the CG's. I have since reached/acquired
Deadly in Combat
Tycoon in Trade
Pioneer in Exploration
Rear Admiral in Fed, bought a Corvette
Baron in Emp (working on it, currently)
Bought a FDL
Bought a Taxi Asp with a grade 4 jump drive. (need more rolls)
Made a ton of cash
Spent a ton of cash on ships & parts

I have also, hooked my friend CMDR FUMSS0124 (or something like that) to 307 hours in this time. I have also got CMDR BuzzLiteBeer hooked despite his internet problems. They are both playing regularly although FUMMSS is clocking serious hours. I had to buy both of them the game as they wouldn't commit the cash to try it out. Money well spent as the time we've flown together has been a blast. FUMSS0124 has discovered Lore and the Thargoids and won't shut up about it.

All in all, I'm enjoying Elite again.

Comments

Ian Norton said…
Have you tried mining with my maps yet?
Ian Stoffberg said…
Not yet. I need to though because I intend to get triple Elite and mining is going to replace a lot of trading in this long leg. I tried doing it solo without a SLF and eyeballing it. Didn't work out too well. I don't like mining solo due to the annoyance of pirates. Will probably wing up when I get serious about it.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Rogier Schaaf what sort of distances did you pick?

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.