So I decided to give Ark another go.

So I decided to give Ark another go. I've played a lot of No Man's Sky and was starting to look at Conan, but just realised that if I'm going to chop trees, I'd rather do it with Dinosaurs running around.

I picked up the expansion pass for Ark during a Steam sale or something and for what I paid, I don't think I can complain. If you bought the DLC before they had a Season Pass, I can imagine the outrage, but the Season Pass has been great value with one more expansion still to come.

To liven things up, I decided to hit the Aberration map. I had tried it before, but had found it impossibly hard to get started. It's a very different beast to the original maps.

Firstly, from what I can see, there are no flying creatures you can tame. It seems almost always dark, but there is a day/night cycle of sorts. There are a lot more dangerous creatures that are very unlike what you might be used to in Ark.

Where I am, metal is scarce, so getting to decent weapons/armour has been really hard. I'm level 36 now and still restricted to bow/arrow.

This has changed the way I am forced to play. I have almost no tames (UNHEARD OF) at the moment, although I plan to change this soon.

Some of the creatures I am encountering seem to have no defense. Even running away is hard. I have put a few levels into running speed just to emphasis my cowardice. On the flipside, I have killed a couple of carno's and spino's to to get XP. Only way to do it is to use the landscape to get onto higher ground where you can fire on them without as much danger.

I think the game will get boring if I get too powerful, but I do think the phase I'm in has been really challenging and fun.

I don't like LONG youtube videos, but I'm trying to record 2 min clips of fun things as they happen. I tend to do it for my own amusement, but if you've never seen Ark, I have an Ark Noobz playlist on Youtube.

If you want a chuckle, it's at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvOwPjfUHS-XLL-9H07p4lDwQo9g-wTIz

I'd watch in reverse order though. The idiots giggling normally are Apex_ZA and myself.

I'm not looking for followers/subscribers/likes. Just posting as random friends who don't play games found it funny.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvOwPjfUHS-XLL-9H07p4lDwQo9g-wTIz

Comments

Ark Aberration should be renamed Ark Survival Evolved: Prepare to Die Edition, lol. Yeah, it's hard. Takes awhile just to be able to build a hut to stay in and even then a Basilisk will come kill you just because it can. Still fun though.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Max Acceleration Level 39. I find my first metal rock. I get 40 metal. I make a pike for Apex and a Metal pickaxe for me. No other metal in site, but its a start. Hoping that bloody rock respawns!
Ian Stoffberg said…
Found metal. Things are looking up. That 40 lead to metal pick and the solo rock produces 200 metal when it respawns

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.