2 More Weeks of Snow

Part of me thought I would have left Snow Leopard and gone back to Linux for my desktop use, but so far, nope. I'm very happy and think that for most of my needs, OSX is as good or better than using Linux.

I miss using KWIN + Plasma as my desktop, but with a little adjustment, most of my workflows have been replaced with suitable alternatives. I guess because I use mostly cross platform apps (Songbird, Picasa, Virtualbox, XBMC, etc), my daily routine remains largely unaffected.

In addition my Hauppage USB card works better in Mac along with my printer (Canon), Scanner (Epson), and Keyboard (Logitech G15).

This isn't a bash linux post. On the contrary, I miss the lack of boundaries that working on linux gives. I miss the freedom to change things, install from source, etc. Most of all, I miss being able to go into /etc/*.conf and fine tune things!

I still use my openSUSE VM and now and then run an XP VM for work related tasks. All in all, a very comfortable setup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.