Krusader + KDE 4.3 on Snow Leopard

There's just no substitute for good quality apps on your desktop.

I missed using Krusader, Marble and even Dolphin!

To get KDE 4.3 working, I followed the guide at :

http://n0tablog.wordpress.com/2009/06/24/installing-krusader-orthodox-file-manager-on-mac-os-x/

This got me 99% of the way there. For the last %, I needed to edit a plist file as per the following post.

http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-dbus-%401.2.12_5-apparent-regression%2C-can%27t-%22launchctl-load%22-p23700119.html

The first post is quite lengthy and the bits that worked for me are in the comments. I am posting it here, but do visit the original post for more info. All credit and thanks to the respective authors and commenters, they are the real heroes.

once off.
sudo chown -R ~/Library/Preferences/KDE
launchctl load /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist

once per login
open /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kdeinit4.app

Comments

Anonymous said…
THANK YOU. I've been fighting through the other how-to's for the past 24 hours.

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.