iPad 2 Launch Video - Almost caught up with Android

Congrats are due to Apple for the launch of the iPad 2.  Finally a device to tempt me away from Android. 

Unfortunately, it's let down by a shockingly "last generation" screen and average hardware.  I was most impressed by the software and grudgingly concede that they are WAY ahead on the software front with the Apple created software like iWork, iMovie & Garageband.

I think ultimately that's the only thing that would make me want to try it out.  Fantastic software.  I've spent a lot of time with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" and an  iPad 1.  If I had to choose only 1 device on the proverbial desert island, it would have to be the Android 1.  Compared to the iPad 2, I would probably plonk for the Apple.

However, its still Q1 of 2011 and I expect that within 3 months we'll have an even larger choice of devices with equal or better hardware.  I find it hilarious that people can watch the iPad 2 video and thing its a major advance.  

I think they missed a genuine opportunity by leaving out an IPS based screen like the iPhone 4.

When the highlight of your presentation is the cover and Garageband, I have to wonder.  I admit if I was to recommend a tablet to a clueless user, I would probably recommend the iPad 2, so in that respect, perhaps they have improved slightly.

Confession.  Will probably buy one for the wife and see if I can get a working XBMC on it.  That would make it useful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.