Just got back from the hospital.

Just got back from the hospital. My dad passed away this morning. At 81 years old, he lived in Apartheid ruled South Africa for most of his life. In 1994 he proudly voted for the first time for a free South Africa and was able to live through the rebirth of our rainbow nation. Last year he saw England play Algeria in Cape Town during the Soccer World Cup in Cape Town, fulfilling a lifelong dream ( it was a crap match, though...). At any rate, he had heart bypass surgery in 1991 and cheated death for the next 20 years, for which I will always be grateful.

RIP Dad, at least you got to see Arsenal having some glory with Tony Adams, Dennis Bergkamp & Thierry Henry. We will miss you.

Comments

murph nj said…
Sorry for your loss.
Sean Peffer said…
My condolences Ian
Sorry to hear about your loss Ian

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.