Clearly I've been away too long...

Clearly I've been away too long...

Will docking at Zaonce, I forgot to request clearance.  As I entered the video advert channel I forgot my keybindings and hit boost.  I entered the station doing 250+ with my left hand trying desperately to bring thrust down to 0.  I screamed into the station at full speed and slammed on the brakes.  I careered all the way through to the back of Ridley Scott station (I imagine the look of utter disbelief on Air Traffic Control)).  I managed to lose only one ring of shield as I smacked into the far side of the station.  I did a 180 and thought, what the hell, boost out as well to compound the stupidity.  Due to my 180 being at speed I was too high for the slot and while boosting in the opposite direction managed to smack the lip of the station on exit.  Zero shields and some hull damage.  I was laughing hysterically at this point.  To hell with the 400cr fine, this was just too funny.  Glad I wasn't in my conda.

Comments

Aidan Feehan said…
Lol. Did the same once in my fully laden, unshielded Type 6 and survived.
Ronan Young said…
I can so relate to this, many times I have been sushi on a stations back wall because of boosting
Aidan Feehan said…
So glad they did the whole disable boost when landing gear is down thing ages ago. I remember early on smearing my Sidewinder against the dock lift just as the ship was released.
Ronan Young said…
Did that to my T6 the other week. Have since reassigned the boost and thrusters so they are a bit further apart..... live and learn I geuss

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.