If you have capped DSL or mobile data on your brosdband packages, make sure you are not inadvertently downloading...

If you have capped DSL or mobile data on your brosdband packages, make sure you are not inadvertently downloading Windows 10 using the wrong network connection.  If you clicked the upgrade icon that's been floating around the last week, you might have the download coming down your line as we speak.  I have a hidden folder on my boot drive which is currently sitting at 6.82 gb.  Probably still downloading in anticipation of tomorrow.  Considering I also have a laptop and my 2 kids pc's on Windows 8.1, that could be > 28 gb downloaded by the time this is over.  I'm on uncapped so I'll be fine, but I hope nobody is having a nasty surprise bill after all of this...
Damn.  I should have been using squid on my server...
#windows10   #preload

Comments

eric j scott said…
You have my sympathies… experience has taught me not to trust these kinds of downloads. I wait to see what bad stuff happens to others before I take the plunge.
Then I would only try one computer at a time. Just call me cautious.
Have fun

Eric

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.