Took a few hours off work this morning to attend a memorial service for students who died during my school years.

Took a few hours off work this morning to attend a memorial service for students who died during my school years. It was a time of revolt and rebellion against the Apartheid South Africa that existed until Nelson Mandela was released. Many of us never saw the footage, and they showed it during the event today. Family of the 3 kids who were shot were present and they relived those days in tears. I don't want to lose the memory of that time and this video is a stark reminder. I know our current Government is struggling to deliver and get rid of corruption, etc, but I would never want things to be like they were back then.
https://youtu.be/KnWu4lAKDj0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.