#MusicMusing #BillyIdol #Amiga

#MusicMusing #BillyIdol #Amiga

Fell down a rabbit hole after listening to Billy Idol's VH1 Concert on YouTube. Reminded me that it was damn near impossible to hear his music when I was growing up. I think it was banned from Radio, but you could buy the albums. I saw "Eyes without a Face" for the first time when I attended a HIFI show where they were demoing Betamax or Laser disc. They had a number of demo's including his Billy'ness. I was struck by the song, but freaked out by his lip and attitude. A few years later I was able to buy his greatest hits on Cassette and it got played raw. Literally flip the tape and keep going.

Whenever I hear songs from that tape, I'm taken to my Amiga, Super-Hangon in the disk drive, joystick in my hand and Billy on auto-reverse on the little Aiwa. It's so specific!

Streaming music is so ubiquitous, soulless with too much choice. I don't think I would make those sorts of connections to music if I was growing up today. Thanks Talina Christine for the push that sent me down the well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.