Got my philips hue hooked up as an edmc plugin.

Got my philips hue hooked up as an edmc plugin. unpolished as hell, but it works. will dump the code on Github as soon as I clean it a bit.

I'm not a python developer, I just google this stuff as I go. I would like to make the plugin a configuration interface, but I'm guessing putting the code on GitHub might attract some assistance.

Currently it turns red when you drop out of super cruise near a station. After your docking request is accepted it turns green. When you land it turns blue. Just a proof of concept. It needs to be fleshed out to handle more events.

The idea is that you try and get your light setup in a way that it causes a overall er "Hue" in the room or at least in your line of site around the monitor.

edited for clarity


Comments

Ian Stoffberg said…
Elite dangerous market connector. I don't like having many apps running while I play so I wanted a plugin using an existing framework. Currently it turns red when you drop out of super cruise near a station. After your docking request is accepted it turns green. When you land it turns blue. Just a proof of concept. It needs to be fleshed out to handle more events.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Lars M. Hansen github.com - Marginal/EDMarketConnector
Check the available plugins. Bloody useful.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Ian Norton looking at all the other plugins to learn. You guys lead the way. Been wanting to give something back for too long now. Need to get the tk interface going as well.
Ian Norton said…
I have a speech idea waiting for a rainy day
Lars M. Hansen said…
Cool. I have the market connector, but little use for it out here 35KLY from the bubble. Didn't know it could deal with plugins.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Lars M. Hansen I use the distance plugin to give me distance(s) to Ltt 4961, Colonia and SAG A while jumping.
Nice.
Ian Norton said…
Lars M. Hansen You should look at the habzone plugin
Lars M. Hansen said…
Ian Norton Thanks, but I think EDDiscovery already covers that :) Unless I can can get habzone to work with my Hue lights

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.