So, I'm not sure how we're going to do this, but I wanted to kick this off and say that my idea was to get...

So, I'm not sure how we're going to do this, but I wanted to kick this off and say that my idea was to get "something" in the Google Play Store before I turn 50. I thought by now it would be done, but here we are.

I decided to use Unity / C# as I had been teaching myself Android Xamarin dev anyway and the skills were transferrable. I broke the problems I needed to solve into a bunch of technical bullets and for most of them, I have code that works.

* Procedurally generated road
* External geometry for the road loaded via .csv
* Input control that works on keyboard, controller (windows) and accelerometer (android)
* Ability to play sounds / music simply
* Level management
* Title screen
* Options screen
* Replacing .csv with sqlite

I have code most of the above. I'm not sure if any of it is worth sharing and most of it comes from Brackey's Tutorials, but I'm willing to share what I've written or answer any questions on anything I've written.

I'm not very good, but the game in its current state is fun.
[edit] I'm 49 ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.