My new c64 arrived


My new c64 arrived

Comments

Ian Stoffberg said…
The joystick is massive.
https://thec64.com
Kb is not functional, in case you are wondering.
88mphTim said…
I have a real C64, 1541 floppy drive and C2N cassette unit (also a Vic 20 and Amiga A600), but this looks excellent. The HDMI output is especially useful!

It seriously just uses USB power?
Ian Stoffberg said…
88mphTim seems like it. Bit like a raspberry pi in that regard. Waiting for the firmware that let's me load disks off of USB before I bother with it. Apparently its imminent. It was quite cheap locally so I picked it up.
John Mitro said…
I have an Atari 800xl with an IndusGT 5 1/4 disk drive !
outsidefactor said…
lol, am I the only person here who just uses Vice on my PC?

Nice to see some love for Commodore :)
Ian Stoffberg said…
outsidefactor I bought it literally to support the company in the hope that they make another OR amiga one.

I have a PI that serves as my retro outlet, but I wouldn't mind a bigger version of this. In the works apparently. I want to play Thrust on keyboard dammit...

BTW, is there a nice CRT filter on Vice to make it look more like it did back then. Today's monitors really interfere with my rose tinted glasses.
outsidefactor said…
Indeed, Vice has an option for scanlines. It also has PAL/NTSC settings for the SID chip so you can get the sound that you were used to.

In fact, there is a third party project to let you connect a real SID chip to a PC and then use it in Vice for the 'perfect' experience... though that might be going too far :P
outsidefactor said…
It also supports an amazing number of turbo loaders and has a system for connecting cartridges.
Ian Stoffberg said…
outsidefactor my ringtone is a snippet of Commando by Rob Hubbard. remix. strange as I'm more of a Martin Galway fan.
outsidefactor said…
Ian Stoffberg Roland's Rat Race FTW
Ian Stoffberg said…
outsidefactor your ringtone or in general?
outsidefactor said…
Who could ever forget the phat beats of the Arkanoid title song?

Or IK+? Or the rather bizarre music for Parallax? Or, best of all, The Bard's Tale 3's rendition of Sir Robin's tune :P

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.