The 360 Strikes Back

Lately, my poor 360 has been neglected quite a bit and, I decided to give it some attention in the week. Of course the 3 games I played were Gears of War, Guitar Hero 2 and Colin McRae Dirt. All three of them are just plain awesome and tons of fun. Picking up the XBOX controller reminded me of the differences just in the feel / functionality of the 2 controllers.

Big differences are that that the 360 controller is much heavier. In practise, I actually like the PS3's lightness, but that lightness comes at a price. There is no rumble support, so when you fire a gun or crash a car, there is no shake or vibration. Of course rumble is a subtle effect, but when you go between systems it is noticeable. The 360 one is definately more bulky, I suppose to house the extra functionality & motors, but the extra weight is not a problem. Its going to sound wierd, but its like the difference between a small gun and a big gun. Sometimes, size does matter!

The PS3 has the tilt-sensitive control, but I reckon its more of a gimmick than useful. Time will tell. A couple of games seem to benefit from it, but the majority don't. My feeling is that I'd rather have rumble instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.