Logitech G15 Keyboard openSUSE 11.2

Got the LCD display on my logitech keyboard working well. As their is no built-in support for the keyboard in openSUSE 11.2 RC, I googled and found the site www.g15tools.com

On their forum, I found packages for openSUSE in a user repository.

I added the repo with the following (correct as of 24/10/2009).

sudo zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/dgege:/g15tools/openSUSE_Factory/home:dgege:g15tools.repo

then followed by

sudo zypper -r install g15daemon g15stats

nextup

sudo /usr/sbin/g15daemon

lastly

g15stats --interface eth0 --daemon

Will post a follow-up once I make this autostart every bootup.

So far works very well.

I get 5 screens on the keyboard lcd from memory / swap stats to clock to eth0 stats, etc. All nice and readable. There are plugins for Songbird and other apps which I need to checkout.

Haven't figured out how to attach Macro's to the extra function keys, as I haven't started to research that.

Comments

robo said…
Excellent, works well!

Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.