openSUSE 11.2 RC and NVidia Drivers - follow up

Part of my problems on KDE4 were related to a bug in the Nvidia driver. This was fixed yesterday and a new version was released which fixes the bug.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_190.42.html

That's the link to the new version's release page.

It fixes the bug I was having that made KDE4 unusable. Have been running it stable since installing this fix and I am very happy to be back on KDE4.

I have been a long time Gnome user, but I absolutely admire the KDE guys who decided to re-architect a stable release and make it *WORK* more efficiently under the hood. Your hard work is paying off now as each release gets significantly better.

On a related note, was glad to see the default choice for my openSUSE install *WAS* KDE. Thanks for listening guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.