One more reason I love my android tablet.

One more reason I love my android tablet. I copied some training dvd's I have onto my Apache server into a folder named training. I then browsed to the folders and see the different dvd file layouts. I can browse them and watch the videos. Each one has a different structure and layout. Using a mixture of .mov, flv and wmv video, some with html navigation. Everything plays and launches beautifully from the Android Browser. On the IPAD2, only the .mov files play properly. Will probably have to re-encode all the other videos so my wife can access them. What a pain! Navigation is also a pain due to the lack of a back button on the ipad. Its such a mission to get it running smoothly I'm tempted to just not bother. Oh, and that's not all. When selecting a video to watch, Android pops up an option to play via upnp to my TV. So I can watch it on tv and multitask on the bloody device at the same time. It works so much better than the IPAD in this use case its like comparing apple to er, um, er, Honey?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.