Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode has sung so many songs that have been the soundtrack of my life.

Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode has sung so many songs that have been the soundtrack of my life.  I listen to Mode nearly everyday and the songwriting of Martin Gore and the production of Daniel Miller/ Flood/ Bomb the Bass/ Alan Wilder, et al have remained consistently at the top of my favourites list. No matter what I'm in the mood for, there is a playlist of many songs that will be fitting, and if not, I have a healthy collection of remixes and alternative takes on songs that I can draw on.  Dave Gahan latterly has started contributing songs to the Mode albums, but his own solo albums are worth a listen.  I've been listening to the Hourglass album a lot lately.  Kingdom is such a stunning track and some of the mixes are ridiculous.

Here's a nice studio version:
Dave Gahan - Kingdom (Hourglass - The Studio Sessions)

followed by a very synthy remix:
DAVE GAHAN - Kingdom (booka shade club mix)

finally here's my favourite one:
Dave Gahan - Kingdom (Digitalism Remix)

For most Mode songs, I love the albums, but get lost in the remixes.  I'm so grateful to them for making so many interpretations of the same song.

Also, if you decide to buy Hourglass, there is a companion remix cd which is a must have.  

#davegahan   #depechemode  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0gETWzWHOU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.