David Bowie has dominated my playlists of late. However tonight I am listening to another departed soul, Michael...

David Bowie has dominated my playlists of late.  However tonight I am listening to another departed soul, Michael Hutchence.  Being much younger when he died I was just so saddened by his passing.  Listening to Live Baby Live, the concert.  Another great Wembley concert.  A bit too light for some, too heavy for others.  What you need / Suicide Blonde / Need you tonight.   Excellent 

This could be the start of a theme for the next week.  Probably Paul Hester next, but not sure one day will be enough for them.  Maybe just live performances will do.
#INXS #CROWDEDHOUSE #ASHESTOASHES

Comments

Ian Stoffberg said…
With the Bowie playlist, you also gotta remember Freddie Mercury.  From my heydey I would have to count Will Sinnot as an obscure name who's music I enjoy still.  Then of course you have Eva Cassidy.  How many people can cover a song and instantly own it.
#theshamen
Dennis Wronka said…
With the current string of deaths I cannot help but remember Freddie singing "Another one bites the dust".

It's sad to see all those people go, especially in such short succession.
Dennis Wronka said…
Also, which "live" is the verb and which the adjective, or are they both adjectives? My brain has trouble processing the name of the concert.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Dennis Wronka aye. I get that. As I get older listening to who wants to live forever is just so powerful.
Dennis Wronka said…
Ian Stoffberg It is.
Queen have made quite a number of really awesome songs.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Rogier Schaaf
I never acknowledged your comment. Yes.  Very sad.  Wasn't an Eagles fan by any stretch, but Hell Freezes Over is just an awesome dvd, especially in DTS.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Dennis Wronka
the first words in the concert are from New Sensation and just happen to be live, baby, live.  It's definitely the verb, rhymes with shiv.  However, I'd be willing to argue that the title is the adverb, rhymes with alive (ironically).
still in the playlist.  although I added some shamen and nirvana at the end.
Dennis Wronka said…
Ian Stoffberg I think my brain just broke.

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.