My daughter made me think of Bjork today. Needed some music while I was doing some coding. I always tend to listen...

My daughter made me think of Bjork today.  Needed some music while I was doing some coding.  I always tend to listen to earlier albums as they hold the most memories.  The Debut & Post albums are clearly my favourite, but some of the mixes and later singles get a lot of play too.

Some of the songs I prefer the various remixes especially if I want something more up tempo.  However, some of the vocal tracks can send shivers up my spine.  I'm pretty sure that some of them drive most normal people insane because the vocals don't conform to any sort of norms.

I expect its her total devotion to each track that makes live versions and remixes just as good, or even better.   It's something that other creative types do so well.  Enya comes to mind.  In the background,  Like Someone In Love has just started playing.  Who else uses a harp??  The vocal is strong and just forces itself into your skull with guile, subtlety and power.  It's such a weird and charming song and I guess not for everybody.  I'm sitting here wondering which of these songs to put on my phone before I go to bed.  Joga, Possibly Maybe, The Anchor Song, HyperBallad, One Day?  And which versions?  Spoilt for choice.  Oh damn.  Didn't even put Venus as a Boy or I Play Dead into my playlist tonight.  Tomorrow maybe. 

I hope I got some of you to go listen to some of your older stuff.  Things you haven't played in years, but just have to listen to.  I'd love to hear like minded people say hi in the comments.
#bjork

Comments

Ian Norton said…
When I code to music is usually iron maiden:)
Ian Stoffberg said…
Ian Norton it's normally Depeche Mode but most British 90s stuff will do. More synth than guitar though for me.
Ian Norton said…
Today it was "infernal dance of king kaschei"

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.