MythBox on Amahi

I've been running AMAHI as my principal server for a few months now. It Fedora 12 based and shares media wonderfully. Recently I picked up a Hauppauge PVR 150 and decided to get MythTV working.

If you don't know what Myth is and what it can do, I suggest Youtubing it. I have always thought of Myth as a sort of exam or qualification. Once you reach a certain level of skill, you can get it working. It tests your patience and your skills, especially if you have non-standard hardware or live outside the US!

Anyway, finally got it working *ON* the Amahi server. It was a real achievement for me in that I didn't have to do a fresh install of a clean Myth installation. I layered it on top of the existing Fedora 12 and Apache installation.

Feeling pretty chuffed. Next job interview, if asked about my linux qualifications, would like to reply. I have a working MythTV backend with multiple frontends on Linux and OSX, but I'm sure that the interviewer would glaze over at that.

Oh well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.