VAIO E-Series on Linux

Still having fun. Got sound working thanks to the amazing folks on UbuntuForums. If you are having similar problems, google solutions using "hda-verb" to get the latest. Its a changing topic with improving fixes all the time so better to get the latest tips yourself to get it working. The one I used was taken from

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=509542#c5

Which was linked on the Ubuntu Forums.

Still having ATI 5650 problems. Apparently it works in Ubuntu 9.10, but since I'm running 10.04 beta, the problem is still evolving. Some people have it working on a fresh install, but I upgraded a 9.10 installation to 10.04 alpha and have been doing the daily updates. I might have some residual configs I need to delete before it works.

Its a Friday afternoon now. Setting myself the goal of having it working by Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.