Growing up in Cape Town, I never heard John Peel's radio show back in the day. I was exposed to him for the first...

Growing up in Cape Town, I never heard John Peel's radio show back in the day.  I was exposed to him for the first time by my first "white" friend who luckily shared similar tastes.  I was introduced to the Cure, Smiths, Bjork, etc.  A few years ago I found an archive with tons of his Festive 50's.  Currently listening to 1981. New Order, Siouxsie, Joy Division, The Smiths, The Cure, etc. Ace. #johnpeel #british80's #angst

Comments

eric j scott said…
Having my lunch break..
"Growing up in Cape Town,"..."what we have missed"...says it all.
Thanks / yea for the Internet
Listened to a bit of "The Fall". Amazing


Sent from my IPad
Karl Neubauer said…
Growing up in Cape Town was limiting (period)..... But hell we need to get you into the 10's - Music is better than ever.

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.