This is a selfish post. Since I first heard My Secret Garden on a bootleg tape many years ago, I have loved this...

This is a selfish post.  Since I first heard My Secret Garden on a bootleg tape many years ago, I have loved this song.  These were the days when certainly all I could lay my hands on were original vinyls.  Finding out about the wealth of b-sides and live versions that DM was putting out on singles was a revelation.  I've always loved this version of My Secret Garden as it evokes so many memories of that time.  It's a slow build which I always imagined involved Alan Wilder, but I could never be sure.  I was delighted to find this live footage so many years later.  Watching it tonight I remember how much I loved imagining what it must have been like to be present.


When you finally see DG walk on stage and utter the words "Good evening, everybody"  it's probably very underwhelming for you all, but for me it was the best intro to a concert ever.  From this era, I would have to say the version of Nothing to Fear that they did live also has a special place in my memory.

This live version of My Secret Garden is also available on DM Box 1 and CD Bong 2.  Checking the tracklisting for CD Bong 2, I would recommend it highly as it also has my favourite version of Get The Balance Right on it. More on that later ;)

https://www.discogs.com/Depeche-Mode-Get-The-Balance-Right-And-Live-Tracks/master/25577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTX5ce8Ls04
#depechemode  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTX5ce8Ls04

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.