I hope this resonates with some of you.

I hope this resonates with some of you.

I'm not an audiophile, but I've been very disillusioned with the sound coming out of my PC.  I've been thinking that Music and Games can do with a bit of improvement in audio quality on my older machine and spending money on expensive USB gaming headsets wasn't helping too much I thought.

I eventually settled on an Asus Xonar D2 card as it has optical in/ out to let me connect to an AMP,  but I love the 3.5 mm jacks for 7.1
audio.  I have combined it with a Razor Tiamat 7.1 gaming headset as it is also 3.5 mm connector based, not USB.

My initial tests were underwhelming, but after a few weeks I think things improved.  Not sure if it was just shaking the cobwebs out of the headset, but now it sounds awesome.

Sadly, Asus Win10 drivers aren't amazing, but they certainly do the job now.

Listening to lossless audio is awesome and gaming sounds better
than ever.

https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/Xonar_D2PM/
http://www.razerzone.com/au-en/gaming-audio/razer-tiamat-71

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.