My final post for this initial collection strays from the path in that its a cover of the tribute album. For the...

My final post for this initial collection strays from the path in that its a cover of the tribute album.  For the Masses.  I was drawn to this album while flipping through the shelves in a store when it came out.  The artwork immediately screamed depeche mode ;)
https://www.discogs.com/Various-For-The-Masses/release/37284

I'm not a Rammstein fan, but I love this treatment of the song.  I can heartily recommend this tribute cd as the bands are mostly bigger bands.  I won't name them all, but really you can't go wrong with bands like Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Gus Gus and Monster Magnet.   If there is a better tribute album, please enlighten me!

I love that they took the time to break down the track and play with the melody after the 2 minute mark.   I honestly don't care for anything else Rammstein has ever done, but their live versions of Stripped are mostly pretty good too.   I don't mean to disrespect Rammstein and their fans, its just not for me.  Same thing goes for Marilyn Manson and others who have done excellent Mode covers.

#depechemode  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_Sfq6spbk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.