Tonight I've decided to slow things down and post a few tracks that are very moody and would get very little plays...

Tonight I've decided to slow things down and post a few tracks that are very moody and would get very little plays when I was younger.  As you get older you realise that good instrumentals have "voices" and evoke atmospheres and moods and even trigger memories.

One of the first tracks that really got me into instrumental DM in a big way was Agent Orange.

Since then I've come to realise that there a tons of songs that didn't quite make the albums that are dear to me. 

Nothing to Fear,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjI-Dlw7vs4
This version is live at the Hammersmith Odeon.  Probably when I realised how much I love Alan Wilder s contribution to DM.

During the Music for the Masses / Violator albums they also did a lot of b-sides with instrumentals.  St Jarna, Pimpf, Moonlight Sonata and others are waiting for you to discover.  Of course, Agent Orange was also from Music from the Masses, as can be seen in the thumbnail.

As simple aside.  When I got my first decent pair of earphones (thanks to my brother), this was one of the tracks I listened to first.  Having listened to it so many times I was amazed at how more vibrant and layered it was.  I could hear extra nuances that made the song come back to life again.

As I type this, I've fired up a decent quality flac ( I think ) and I am listening through my Asus Xonar card into my Razer Tiamat headset.  Of course this is a gaming setup, but the sound is just stellar. 

Genuinely hope there are more fans of this track out there.

A simple aside.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5GEdmpEYX8

Comments

Karl Neubauer said…
Sure there are - Right here :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.