Flying around Ragnarok I found a bunch of metal, so I was feeling pretty good when I returned to my base only to...

Flying around Ragnarok I found a bunch of metal, so I was feeling pretty good when I returned to my base only to find an Argentavis high overhead.

I was pleased as I wouldn't mind taming one as they have higher strength and carry potential.   My excitement was spoiled when it attacked the 2 tame Pteranodons we had recently acquired.  We were in the process of acquiring a second saddle, so only one was flyable.  The 2 Pterry's responded to the attack and the 3 birds swirled higher and higher.  I'd seen this before so I immediately tried to recall them, but they didn't respond to a general call, I eventually had to do a "follow one" to each bird in sequence.  Only the first one responded.  As luck would have it, the one without the saddle.  It looks like my other one killed the Argy and is now flying high above the base.  I hope he decides to land because he didn't respond to any hails from me, way below.  Only option now is to build a large enough building to allow me to climb higher and recall him.  Luckily, I have my humiliation on video ;)  If it's editable down to under 2 minutes, will upload.

Comments

Looking forward to seeing it. What's the 2 min issue?
Ian Stoffberg said…
Good Guys Gaming I think people get bored if the video's are too long. Maybe 2 min is too aggressive.
Dennis Wronka said…
I've got my Pteros set to passive to prevent this.
And after the last Dillo/Troodon attack I actually set most of my dinos to passive, so I don't need to carefully arrange them around the little, chubby Free-XP-saurus.
Only the Stegos, the Raptors and Dillos now attack any attackers. Should be enough.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Dennis Wronka this place is crawling with the thieving seagulls of annoyance. The 2 flyers were there for that distraction.
Dennis Wronka That's what I do as well. Designate attack dinos (typically not flyers) and put the rest on passive, otherwise your constantly having them run/fly off and you loose them. Lost some pretty great dinos that way. My kids still mess it up sometimes because they are so liberal with their whistles so I put some on ignore group whistles, lol.
Ian Stoffberg Don't get me started on the damn seagulls! That is the main reason for the turrets at my base. They still somehow steal stuff but they are quickly killed before they can escape with it .

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.