Inspired by Dennis Wronka, let me tell you a cautionary tale about Alpha Rex'es and overzealous idiot friends.


Inspired by Dennis Wronka, let me tell you a cautionary tale about Alpha Rex'es and overzealous idiot friends.

Soon after I logged in yesterday, Apex shouted that he needed me to bring all the dino's to kill an Alpha. No problem, I started gathering them, they followed eagerly and while I was organising them I asked. Is it a Raptor or a Carno? In other words, do I need 1 Rex or 2 along with the 2 Allosaurs, 2 Bears, 2 Sabretooth Tigers, 2 Thylacoleo's and 2 Theras. We always tame 2 of each, except for Argy's. No, it's a Rex, he says casually?
Are you serious, I'm turning back, says cowardly me. No, we can do it, says Captain Optimistic. What happened next was pure carnage.
Thankfully I had not taken all the dino's so I still have a Doedic, Ankly, 2 Argy's and 1 Thera left. Have since managed to tame a single Rex.

The worst part of all of this is that we managed to kill the rex with about 30 rifle shots.... And the saddles lost...Quite a few of the tames > level 150. ToeKnee the Tiger was > 210. Oh the humanity...

Comments

Dennis Wronka said…
Holy cow!
So I guess I better tame every creature on the map, and make them reproduce twice, before trying to go after an Alpha Rex.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Dennis Wronka note that a level 44 alpha rex did that. I knew this was going to happen but apex wouldn't believe me. It was not nice being proved right.
Dennis Wronka said…
Ian Stoffberg I'll be applying generous amounts of "Brave Sir Robin" when I see one.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Your best bet is wait for him to get in a fight and shoot him while he's occupied. He doesn't multitask that well...

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.