I've put about 30 minutes into the Guardians Beta. I must be burnt out, but visiting Farseer I was expecting to use...

I've put about 30 minutes into the Guardians Beta.  I must be burnt out, but visiting Farseer I was expecting to use fish for module upgrades, but I guess they took that out.  I was hoping to preview / test drive an Anaconda build and get something I can use as an objective to work towards when 2.2 drops.  I'm so not interested in most of the new functionality (passenger, ship fighters, etc).  I am hoping that the various bugfixes, tweaks and new graphical enhancements rekindle my interest which has been waning due to the RNG BS of 2.1

I'm also hoping that the Alien contact results in a major story swing with huge political impact which again would be something new in terms of campaign missions / alien warfare/ smuggling/ espionage/ alien sneak missions, etc. 

The avatar editor thing in 2.3 has me literally baffled as to how they can sell that as a feature.  By then perhaps other long promised polish to existing functionality might make 2.3 sound more appealing.

Maybe I need to finally buy a HOTAS and learn to fly with FA off finally.  The challenge would be getting one in Cape Town! 

Anyway, sorry for the aimless moanfest.  It'll pass.  Just frustrated at the delays in getting my new CPU installed.  Maybe Sunday all will be reenergised!  G'night.

Comments

Martin Chalk said…
I would suggest a Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X, but it seems they're being wound down in favour of the new version, the Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS 4 (PS4/PC compatible). Nice 33% mark-up as well.

Unfortunately my T-Flight X had too many buttons give up, so I had to go and buy a new T-Flight 4. Still... it comes in BLUE! 8)
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tflight-hotas-4
outsidefactor said…
Rogier Schaaf I hear you on the alien front! So boooooorrrrrrred! If they just gave us something, but it's just tease tease tease and no meat!

Ian Stoffberg there is a lot more window dressing content in 2.2, which I am happy for. It's like a Dungeon Clutter mod for Skyrim: it makes the universe look a little less bare.

The tourist missions are useful for making some extra money when transiting. The VIP missions look awesome, but they are not in the Beta yet, as far as I know, so it's just on-paper so far.

We're heading in the right directing, just a little too slowly for my liking, but I may be being unreasonable. It's hard to tell without knowing more about what's happening behind the curtain at Frontier.
Ian Stoffberg said…
Martin Chalk I believe there will be a Elite special edition one coming out. That might be the one for me.
Ian Stoffberg said…
outsidefactor it's just so frustrating because the game is so good otherwise that the niggles stand out.
Martin Chalk said…
The Elite special version is the T.16000M HOTAS and should be released this month for £99.99.

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.