Amarok and Video playback

Due to the extensive library of scripts available for Amarok, I was able to get video playback of the podcasts inside the amarok window. The script is called Autoplay Videos and can be installed through Amarok's built in scripting gallery and browser tool. No need for fancy command line tom-foolery. Still haven't figured out a way to play my .sid files, but I reckon I can modify the video playback one to make it work if I really want to! Its not necessary though as a player like xsidplay does a better job of managing .sid files which are not like normal music files anyway.


I pretty much consider this whole experiment a success and will be moving onto my next challenge which is streaming / transcoding video to my ps3 from a media daemon under linux. I am expecting to try my luck with mediatomb, fuppes & mythtv, in that order.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.