Oops upside my head

I totally ignored Midnight Commander in my previous post.


MC will always be on any machine I have. It may not be perfect, but I have come to depend on it and have one copy permanently open. In recent times, with the advent of compiz, I have been annoyed that compiz is stealing some of the MC hotkeys (F9, F10, etc). I could fix it, but I haven't yet. In a way, Krusader & Gnome-Commander are also competing to replace MC as my default file-manager.


Speaking of MC, I was surprised to see that it was started by Miguel de Icaza. Miguel is often credited for his work starting more important projects like Gnome (!) or Mono, but in terms of what I use the most, MC ranks up there as just as important :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.