Catching up with the post installation status

It would be remiss of me not to mention some of the apps I have installed after the base installation happened


apt-get install


-


liferea - rss reader (feed reader)


banshee - media player (mainly for audio)


smplayer - media player (mainly for video)


for the purposes of my itunes experimentation also downloaded


gtkpod - ipod manager


amarok - audio player


exaile - audio player


miro - video player


songbird - audio player


mediatomb - upnp server / streamer / transcoder (for my ps3 / psp / xbox)


lazarus - free pascal IDE and gui development tool


mc - console file manager


gnome-commander - gui file manager


Also downloaded compiz-fusion-icon for controlling compiz.


I apologise for the rudimentary descriptions for the above programs. I am just listing them for the sake of documenting the process I've followed post install to record the sequence of events. The apps all do far more than the simple description says and I don't mean to belittle them in any way. Right click and google any one of them app names for more info.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.