MVIX 760HD Linux

Good news.

Read/Write Access over FTP works! Very pleased to report that the firmware did the trick. What I have lost though is the ability to mount the drive as a folder and work with it as if its a local drive. Perhaps I can use some kind of FUSE solution to do this. In the past, what I would do is move files into a folder on the remote drive and then sort them into the correct folders later. Using ftp, there is no obvious way of moving files around on a target system other than to upload them to the correct folders from the start. I don't mind doing this, but some kind of mount option is preferable.

I can of course, install the proprietary NAS driver and use that to mount the drive locally, but that's not ideal.

Overall though, I consider this one pretty much done and dusted. I will follow up with move info if I decide to pursue the locally mounted option.

I found the firmware on the www.mvixcommunity.com website and the "Olav's" firmware is available on the forums. A big thank you to the guys there for providing all the needed info.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Stoffies,

Your previous post mentioned that the firmware supported telnet. Can you not "mv" your files around in a telnet session?

Think outside the box, as you always say.

Guess??

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.