Linux printing directly on printable cd / dvd

Okay, for my next challenge, I am trying to replace the windows software I used to make cd labels with a linux equivalent. I've tried before with mixed levels of success and failure and always went back to using Windows to do this.


Since my windows partition is history and doing this in a virtual machine will be admitting failure, I am going to give this a serious try.


My initial stabs are showing me a number of potential problems.


1) Selecting the correct settings for the cd tray.


2) Creating a template that can be reused for different types of cover.


3) Finding the appropriate application to do the printing.


It feels like I've got a frustrating session ahead of me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.