Streaming to PS3

Okay, I confess. Was going to do this tomorrow, but was so energised I decided to give it a go. Got it up and running using Mediatomb. Able to stream videos from folder on Linux machine to ps3 via upnp. Works like a charm. Had a challenge getting the correct configs for ps3 as opposed to the default, but its well documented on the web. Main issue was setting mimetypes in the default mediatomb config.xml file to handle avi's, etc.


I got the solution from this thread on ubuntuforums http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=648582


The post from the user IMOC did the trick for me.


Only thing missing is .mkv support, but I'll save that for tomorrow. Probably not too difficult, just need to add the filetype for mkv.


Of course, mediatomb can stream to a host of other devices as well, so give the project a look. They're doing an excellent job.

What's next on the todo list?

Probably streaming the same content from pc- > ps3 -> psp


Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice one Stoffies, keep it up and you may convert us all!!

Popular posts from this blog

Unlocking Hera Tani

So, in the spirit of Elite Stories, thought I'd share my perspective of last night.